Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Farley Lives Again!


I am an avid reader and I especially enjoy finding and reading children's books. Since his birth, we have enjoyed reading a variety of storybooks, rhymes, fairy tales, poems and picture books with JG. I have to admit that I not only look forward to naptime and bedtime for the peace and quiet but, also for the one-on-one cuddle time that I spend with my son during our reading adventures.

JG's ever expanding book collection contains many traditional and classic books we all know and love. But recently I have found myself searching for newer stories that JG and I can share together. Stories with compelling characters and exciting plots. Books which may one day themselves be considered "classic". Recently I was delighted to find such a book in "Farley Follows His Nose" by Lynn Johnston. Best known as the creator of the popular "For Better Or For Worse" comic strip, Lynn's children's book, featuring the classic and lovable sheepdog "Farley", will amuse any dog loving child and recapture the hearts of parents who have enjoyed the "For Better Or For Worse" comic series.

After a summertime bath "Farley Follows His Nose" in search of something to eat. Will Farley find something to curb his insatiable appetite? How far will Farley wander and what will he discover along the way? Be sure to share this endearing storybook with a youngster to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment