Monday, July 27, 2009

Weight Wise & More Pregnancy Symptoms....

Well, I attended my first Weight Wise Workshop today (the beginning of an eight module course) meant to kick start my journey to better health....Of course the journey will certainly be even longer for me....The day I finally received my acceptance letter (nearly a year and a half following my referral) was the same day my pregnancy test came back positive....And so it goes....

Of course the pregnancy will set back my initial assessment at the clinic but, on a more positive note, I was pleased that my pregnancy shouldn't prevent me from completing all the necessary modules or remove my name/status from the clinic wait list....They will simply move my initial assessment to approximately six months following my due date. Of course this is not the best news but, it is better then waiting another year and a half following my delivery!

The "Getting Started" workshop was at least somewhat informative and it was comforting to know that I am not the only person out there who has some significant weight to lose or lifestyle changes to make! The instructor, Tiara, assured me that she would contact me tomorrow with more information related directly to my circumstances. I'm hoping that she will have some recommendations on how I might avoid the gestational diabetes diagnosis I received during my last pregnancy.

I'm only in my 8th week so, it will still be some time before a gestational diabetes test will be done. My risks are certainly higher due to the status of my first pregnancy but, than again....There have have been some significant differences between my current and previous pregnancies....

With JG, I had very minor episodes of nausea and fatigue. The only thing I couldn't eat was ice cream and of course I didn't experience spotting during my first trimester....with this pregnancy I have experienced several bouts of nausea, fatigue, vomiting, drowsiness and of course spotting plus, I can still eat ice cream. Perhaps one of the more positive outcomes will be a lack of gestational diabetes (here's hoping anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment